Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Everyday I'm studying

OMGGG people here are maddd hardworking. Spent my weekends doing readings, never used to do that in Singapore unless its near exam period. I guess that's the difference between the systems here and back home. Quite honestly, I prefer the ones back home. But then its all up to one's discipline to stay on track, here the systems force you to stay on track with weekly quizzes and papers that accumulate up to half your grades! The final exam here ain't important, but back home skip everything BUT the mid terms and final exams.

I'm just glad my timetable gives me lots of free time to read up before the lessons cos of the quiz. If there's one skill that I've perfected over the years, its procrastination. Perhaps its the thrill of completing an objective within such a short span of time! Hmm..

I'm still feeling sore over the fact that I'm missing CNY back home. I miss my grandmama's cooking. Its the one thing I look forward to every year, and within that lunch, I can spam myself with soooooo much foood because it is beyond delicious! I can't wait for CNY next year in that case. Many thanks to the ones who have been cheering me up while I'm so down and out about missing out, really means so much to me when I'm away from home!

Weather's here been pretty odd. Alternates between warm and cold, can't say I appreciate it being TOO cold, I like my weather just nice. :) I'm still hoping for snow this year although I know how highly unlikely that is. No matter, just don't rain this Saturday because I'm going to the carnival, the carnival! We never have such large-scale ones back home, pasar malam doesn't count. Its been twice that I've been watching from the outside of the gates, and finally we've got tickets to the rodeos which means a full day down at the carnival!
They have funnel cakes, hotdogs on a stick, all sorts of snacks, game stores piled high with prizes, everything! OH and even a petting zoo! I heard that there's a llama there, I've never petted a llama before, but ever since I've watched The Emperor's New Groove, they've always appeared adorable to me!

I can't wait to travel out of Dallas, school mood has set in all right, with all the deadlines and everything..grrr..

No comments: