Wednesday, January 11, 2012

TCU-home of the horned frogs

I think horned frogs are kinda adorable, especially those that they used for the mascots, but more than that, I love the theme color here- purple!
Checked out of the hotel at 9.30am, and it was such a rainy day. Its shocking how much the temperature could have fallen by when it rains! It was painful to even step outside.
Still, we managed to carry all our luggages to check into our rooms!


First glance at TCU while we waited 30mins in the cold wind cos the assistant took soooo long to come. I tried out my heat pack, it really works although I can't seem to figure out how. Its powdery granules on the inside, and the first hour, it wouldn't heat up but once you leave it alone, it gradually gets hotter and hotter, and when you use it, it loses heat. Leave it alone and it gains heat. Very interesting indeed.

Had orientation but we skipped most of it, too sleepy and lazy to move around in the rain. Visited the TCU spirit shop after lunch, plenty of pretty things but nothing that I need now.


Headed back to my room and I realized what a COMPLETE WRECK that place was. It looked like the aftermath of a crazy and wild new year's party. At least it was out along the corridors, or so I thought, upon entering my room, dust balls were everywhere on the floor and the shelves were coated with dust. Didn't get any cleaning wipes the day before at Target so I spent the night at C's. The bed is huge but horribly uncomfortable because my legs practically dangled out along the sides. Its meant for one, not two but she was nice to share it with me given the state of my room!

Headed back to get changed in the morning and I walked past the fountain. Pretty in the morning, plus the rain had subsided! Really refreshing to be up in the morning and despite the cold, I still love it!


Skyping A when suddenly I saw a squirrel just right outside C's window! awwww the cute things!
If it were my room, I would have let one in already.


Today was day2 of orientation, but a more important one because its for academics. Spent the whole afternoon getting transferred between peoples because nobody could find our records.
Met really really nice coordinators that made us feel soooo welcomed! everyone is so friendly here I am so loving it. Something you can never find back home.
Managed to clinch 401 & 402, most important. But the rest of the courses are not the ones that I want. The jetlag must be getting to me because I sent a single professor 3 wrong emails asking to be in his class.. why do i feel pessimistic about my chances of getting in right now. However, the people here are really nice, and professors likewise. Surprise me please!!
I have until Monday before all my courses are confirmed so please let me take the courses that I will enjoy taking!

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you "
God has blessed me with getting the modules that I have always eyed for, and for granting me good grades, I pray once more to get these modules that I reallyreallyreallyreallyreally wanna take while I am here!

Heading out for dinner later with a couple of new friends which we will officially meet today after contacting via fb for the past 2 months! CHINESE FOOD!!!
I cannot tell you how much I miss chinese food, mommy i was wrong when I said I could survive everyday on burgers and pizzas. I do miss chinese food, and was craving so badly for something chinese last night, but my only option was McDonalds.
McD here serves really good breakfast burrito though, and it goes for only a buck. It comes with this tangy, spicy sauce that was love at first bite!
Cold cold day again today, and we didn't manage to get to Target in time so no cleaning wipes to wipe down my room. May have to bunk in with C again, I feel so bad tho, may just risk sleeping on my own bed tonight!
Till next time.

No comments: