Monday, January 09, 2012

To Moscow then Houston, finally Fort Worth!

Goodbye Singapore!


AND HELLO DALLAS!

Val got me a farewell gift on the night we left! Although I'm not a fan of winnie the pooh, its yellow and its a gift FROM HER, and that's saying something.
A came all the way to send me off too, and she got this whole bag of gifts! Sadly I couldn't bring the whole big book of Christmas Story, but she made me a beautiful diary with the most touching work of art I've ever seen! :) Love you A!

First stop was Moscow, prettiest first impression I've ever seen! Snow-topped cottages, yeah COTTAGES! or maybe that's what it looks like from the plane, and snow everywhere!!! Got so excited and wanted to snap a few photos but transit was very rushy, the luggage check was kinda intense- opening my bags up and examining my stuffs.
I had leftover water in my bottle and the Russian lady gave me this death stare and shook a single 'no-no' finger at me. Saw a really cool vending machine that dispenses freshly-squeezed orange juice, where it literally de-
juiced the orange in front of you! awesome stuff!

2nd half of the flight was plenty of turbulence, caught two great movies, Moneyball and What's your number! Enjoyed both very much! The first sight of Houston greeted me at 2pm local time, and its funny travelling alone because its DIY for everything. Didn't realize that I had to call the hotel for a shuttle, and spent 15 minutes dumbly waiting outside.
Comfort suites is a great place for a night's stay, I must have been a very troublesome guest though, kept ringing the operator because I didn't know how to turn on the AC and the showers! Then I came to realize that in the US, I had to use double to strength for everything! AC would only turn on if I JAM the button really hard. Showers were the same theory.
Had cup noodles for dinner because it was pitch black outside and the nearest food stop was kinda isolated, and went straight to bed!

Breakfast the next day was amazinggg! :D I just love the scrambled eggs and the waffle machine, although i burnt both my toast and waffle! :(( still getting the hang of it.
Internal flight was faster than I thought, it only took 45 minutes compared to the 1hr15mins estimated time, and I finally landed in Dallas!
C had a luggage problem because they sent hers for rechecking and we ended up waiting till 7pm at the airport, entertained myself by watching Underworld in preparation for the upcoming one!
Arrived at Residence Inn, 2km from TCU and we're happily settled!

Woke up to this at 8am this morning, looks even better in real.

Got awesome hotel room cards!!
It seems the whole community along S. University Drive is a huge fan of TCU, there's TCU flags flying from random stores, even in Target, they had TCU mascots and jackets!


Amazing Sunday morning! Took a long walk to the nearest target to shop for back-to-school stuffs! C & I seriously budget-shop all the way, cutting down to only the bare necessities, but my bill still amounted to USD68! ARGH! Saw the prettiest faux fur throw going at $18, but i can't bring it home anyways. :((

The walk along the park was such an eye-opener. Trees were bare due to winter season, and I kept spotting squirrels all over! awww the cute furry things! I love the way they run and their bushy tails fluff around behind them. Haven't had a chance to get up close to one yet though, and there are many dog people around here! All bringing their dogs for morning walks!
Saw a bunch of people urban fishing as well, signboard states 'Maximum 5 rainbow trouts per person." hahaha, it was freezing this morning, had on gloves & scarf & i was still cold!


Went GAGA over the B&J display! I wanna try so many different flavors but its all about the FATSFATSFATS!


Loot of the day.

& we have a FIREPLACE in the hotel! How awesome is that? But we never got to setting it up. Can't even handle a toaster, I am not going near a fireplace.
Occasionally we can hear the Trinity train through the fireplace, gave me a shock on the first night, but I've grown to like the cute choo-choo sound it makes!


Moving in to school tomorrow and then there's orientation! Hope the people are nice! :)
Goodnight!

No comments: