Saturday, January 21, 2012

One short day in downtown Fort Worth.

Headed down to watch the stockyard parades happening in downtown FW! Beautiful day to be out! Got really hot during the midday.

Everybody getting excited for the parades to start! It kicked off with the TCU band! YAY go tcu! and it was a whole long string of horse-drawn carriages, side-saddle riders, wagons and plenty of rodeos.
Never seen so many people in Fort Worth, and so much horse poop! Got really excited, but an hour into the three-hour long parade, we kinda got bored of it and the sun was scorching, so we took a walk down to sundance square.



Headed to a small little cafe where we could watch the parades from the windows. Had the yummiest carbonara with a ceasar salad side. The parade ended halfway during lunch and there were these big trucks that cleared all the poop on the ground but made the whole place soooo dusty!


Walked around after lunch but there was nothing much around, decided to head back to the main station where we decided to take a bus down to Hulen mall, which was a bigggg mistake because it took us 1.5hours before we arrive. Its soooo bad and I got so bus-sick.
Finally got off the bus and managed to take a quick tour of the mall, stopped at F21 where I finally found a pretty top! however, we were running soooo late that we literally had to run for the bus! I gave up running halfway when my knee started hurting so bad!
Managed to catch the bus back home, but definitely going back there again soon!

Finally the market square is open! And apart from having all my meals covered, there's also a $200 campus cash we could use for other restaurants around campus, including STARBUCKSSSS!
Breakfasts in the mornings are usually eggs and potatoes, with the occasional customized omelettes and WAFFLES!!

Loving the TCU logo across my waffles!

Headed down to Barnes & Noble after class today, and I spotted the most adorable plushies ever!!! Wanted to get the dendrite plushie but it was too pricey. :(

Dendrite plushie- there's a whole bunch of these geekish microbes which are super awesome!


This one's the black death virus. Its actually the cutest one of the lot!

& this one's the red blood cell! :D
Kids need these to make biology awesome to study!

And this concludes the first week at school! I'm in for full weeks of crazy reading assignment schedules and papers due, but its all new to me & i'm loving the whole experience of it all!


CNY weekend back in Singapore, so sad I have to miss the family trip to Genting. I know it sounds boring that we do the same thing every year, but I soooo look forward to the getaway everytime. Even though the theme park rides get a little crappy after awhile, even though I don't ever go to the indoor theme parks anymore, even though the shopping there is not the most fantastic, I just love it because I see the beautiful side of it.
Like my delicious, greasy plate of char kway teow, the BEST i've ever tasted before even though its madly overpriced. The fireworks and firecrackers that are displayed in FULL GLORY right above my head, the weather, and the reunion dinner. :)

No comments: