Friday, January 13, 2012

if only supermarts back home were like this..

Time flies! its been a week since I've moved into TCU and I can't wait for classes to start. What started out as a bad Tuesday because I couldn't get any classes that I wanted, turned out to be a blessed Wednesday as I've gotten nearly all the classes that I can foresee myself enjoying!
Apart from that, the week has been spent shopping and furbishing my room. Its worth it because I am going to be here for 6 months, and its nice to end a long hectic day with a room to look forward to!

Wednesday was heading down to supertarget again, changed the bedsheets to red (& the correct size), bought a whole lot of junk including a coffee machine ($10) because a water boiler was simply too expensive, table lamp, magnetic board, full length mirror and snacks to survive those late night hunger pangs!
Thursday was mostly just shopping at Krogers, and having take-out for dinners. Took a walk down the street to see if there was anything, but chose the worst day to have a stroll outdoors. Weather reports -4deg and the winds were painfully chilling!
Krogers is awesome to have near the school, its just across 2 roads, about a 10 minute walk.

I love how big their supermarts are and how they have take-out lunch and dinners that are actually non-microwavable food for once. US is truly a frozen food country, the aisle for frozen foods can stretch on and on and on. truly amazing.

Found a snack that must have been banished from Singapore's supermarts a long time ago because they're fats in a pack. But it still remains my all-time favs! Buying a huge bunch of these before I leave for home!

And check this out....

Is it a peanut dispenser? Is it a peanut grinder? NO.
It is a peanut BUTTER dispenser. They grind it up for you right on the spot, albeit crunchy-type peanut butter. I prefer mine smoooth & creamy. Still! its a cool machine, I wonder how good the peanut butter would taste like! at least it proves to be a healthier option with zero additives or preservatives!

Also found this treasure...

Combos are like the best midnight snack ever!! But I only see the cheddar cheese ones back home, here they have buffalo BLUE CHEESE!! *what up!*(Barney Stinson style)
I'm am gonna savor these babies so much, they'll never feel more loved in their entire lifetime!

Bought take-home lunch, potato salad!
Nothing like the ones back home, and they only cost $1.45 for 1-pound pack! Yummers!


Shopped for other stuffs like B&J Late Night Snack flavor, & mac&cheese boxes. Its awesome, i'm so gonna grow fat here.

The market square starts today, had a delicious breakfast of scrambled eggs and potato cubes, with a burrito! Awesome stuff.
Headed down for international orientation where I was almost put to sleep. They introduced the US school system as being participatory. that's where I'm gonna suffer like mad. If there's one thing I hate, I hate participating in classes. However, here that accounts for 20% of your grade, and goes to show how passionate you are about the class. Since I email-begged most of the professors to allow me into their classes, I am going to have to participate.. grrr... Gone were the days when you can just sit there for hours just listening, but never having to stress yourself out about speaking up in class.

heading out for dinner again at the market square, & a long weekend before school officially begins. Plans for the weekends so far: C's friends are visiting, so headed down to downtown Dallas. & that's all we've got so far!
Dallas is pretty much a quiet place to truly get away from the city, can't say I'm not enjoying this peace and laid-back pace of life!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you have the POLO T-Shirts For Men, certainly will bring in the look which will many envy, simply challenges others' nerve. Gentleman's shirt has also joined the fashion world, no longer was the before stereotypical face. The attractive sharp cotton and kapok adds the silk lining, the soft comfortable cotton and kapok hemp lining, the ever POLO Sweaters For Men lining design style and so on builds a Polo for women polot with many colors fashionable POLO L-Sleeved Shirt For Men world.
In the work and social occasion's man hoped that mold graceful, grave, amiable own image, that should choose the quality of material excellent, to work the elegant sex-linked long sleeve for women true thing shirt, but these soft POLO Shirts For Men, gorgeous, the personalized shirt should keep in the leisure situation to polo shirt.